Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Plane is in the air

Have you ever seen a plane in the sky and wondered where it is going? Have you ever wished that you would be in that plane? No matter where it is heading?

Well, I have and that is why I really like the idea behind the Plane Tracker, developed by design researchers at the Goldsmiths University of London's, as a part of their Curious home project. The concept is simple. You track the location and transition of planes that pass over your head and show the Google Earth interpretation of these transitions on a screen. Thus, the person watching the screen can see what people in the plane would see if they could see the ground below the plane.

You should have seen the look on my face when I realized that I can travel the world without leaving my bed.


No comments: