Image: The Sydney Morning Herald
Tom's almost-as-dear-to-me-as-Paulina-iPhone apparently didn't like San Francisco. How else am I supposed to interpret the fact that it suddenly stopped working after a day or two in SF? The phone is not completely dead, but at least the speaker is, which means that when we talk I can hear him but he can't hear me:
- Ring, ring.
- Tom speaking.
- Hi, it's me. Paulina.
- Hi. It's me.
- HIIII IT'S MEEEE. PAAAULINAAA.
- I can't hear you. I think my phone is fu**ed up. Anyway, if you can hear me I just want you to know that I love you and that I miss you so much. Bye.
- (Paulina, so sad that she is not able to express her feelings) *sob*
Later that week.
- Ring, ring.
- Hey, it's me aga...
- (Tom, interrupting) Hey it's Tom. I'm still not able to hear you. I don't know why you are calling but I can tell you that I just got out of the airport and am waiting for the bus. I'll be home in less than an hour.
- (Paulina, amazed by the fact that Tom knew why she was calling but still frustrated) *sob*
Conclusion: This whole one-way-communication things seems to work better than I would ever expect but it still makes me slightly uncomfortable. You see, it has a very obvious phone sex/hot line kind of feeling to it. All I have to do is call a number to listen to Tom's kind words and he has no idea what I am doing on the other end.